******************
State & National Elections is now State & National Politics. Please subscribe, read, and follow!
If link doesn't work: http://statenationalpolitics.blogspot.com/

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have! - Thomas Jefferson


Thursday, May 29, 2008

Mayor Giuliani On Senator Obama's Foreign Policy

"I think the significant thing is what [Senator Obama's] trying to work his way out of right now -- the statement that he made that he would negotiate with Ahmadinejad and Castro without preconditions." -- Mayor Rudy Giuliani

Fox News' "Fox & Friends"
May 29, 2008

MAYOR RUDY GIULIANI: "I think the significant thing is what [Senator Obama's] trying to work his way out of right now -- the statement that he made that he would negotiate with Ahmadinejad and Castro without preconditions. This is a statement that, in the words of Hillary Clinton, was immature I think and naive and irresponsible. I think it was naive and irresponsible. This is the one thing Hillary Clinton and I agree on. It was nave, it was irresponsible, and it suggests that he doesn't have the right instincts to really handle tough diplomacy against really difficult people. That's a time honored rule of diplomacy, going back at least to my recollection of the summit meetings with Khrushchev and Kennedy and Eisenhower. You have to have preconditions when you deal with these people."

FOX NEWS' GRETCHEN CARLSON: "Democrat or Republican."

MAYOR GIULIANI: "I think it would be best for Barack Obama -- not to take my advice -- if he'd just admit this is an error and I don't have much experience and I made a mistake and I'm going to learn about it."

FOX NEWS' STEVE DOOCY: "A do-over."

Watch Mayor Giuliani On Fox News' "Fox & Friends"

No comments: