******************
State & National Elections is now State & National Politics. Please subscribe, read, and follow!
If link doesn't work: http://statenationalpolitics.blogspot.com/

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have! - Thomas Jefferson


Saturday, April 26, 2008

Hillary Clinton Reacts to False Attacks from Sen. Obama About the Oil Industry

Hillary Clinton made the following statement today at a "Solutions for America" town hall in Bloomington, IN in response to false attacks from Sen. Obama about the oil industry.

"Earlier today my opponent attacked me on energy issues. He claimed he would take on the special interests. But we've heard him say that before, but he voted, which I think is always the way to figure out where somebody truly stands. My late father used to say 'watch what they do, not what they say’ and that ‘actions speak louder than words.'"

"When it came time to stand up against the oil companies and stand against Dick Cheney's energy bill, my opponent voted for it and I voted against it. And that bill had billions of dollars in giveaways to the oil companies. It was the best bill that the energy companies could buy.

"I know that my opponent has run ads claiming that he does not take money from oil companies. Well no one does. It's illegal. It’s been illegal for 100 years to take money from oil companies."
"Then my opponent puts up an ad saying he doesn’t take money from oil company PACs. In March, he took more money from oil company executives than any candidate, Republican or Democrat. So I think it’s important for you to know the facts."

Here is additional background on Sen. Obama’s attacks earlier today:
http://facts.hillaryhub.com/archive/?id=7318

No comments: